Fax: 4221 3238
Publications :Publication List (sourced via UOW Database)
Nghiem, L. D., Schäfer, A. I. & Elimelech, M. (2004). Removal of Natural Hormones by Nanofiltration membranes: Measurement, Modeling and Mechanisms. Environmental Science and Technology (Washington), 1888-1896.
Nghiem, L. D., Mornane, P., Potter, I., Perera, J., Cattral, R. & Kolev, S. (2006). Extraction and transport of metal ions and small organic compounds using polymer inclusion membranes (PIMs). Journal of Membrane Science, 281 (1-2), 7-41.
Nghiem, L. D. & Schäfer, A. I. (2003). Trace contaminant removal with nanofiltration. In A. I. Schäfer, A. Fane & D. Waite (Eds.), Nanofiltration - Principles and Applications (pp. 479-520). UK: Elsevier.
Nghiem, L. D., Schäfer, A. I. & Elimelech, M. (2005). Pharmaceutical Retention Mechanisms by Nanofiltration Membranes. Environmental Science and Technology (Washington), 39 7698-7705.
Nghiem, L. D. & Schafer, A. (2006). Fouling autopsy of hollow-fibre MF membranes in wastewater reclamation. Desalination, 188 (1-3), 113-121.
Current Positions:Professor in Civil, Mining and Environmental Engineering
Biography:BE 1st class Hons: University of New South Wales, 2002
Grad Cert in Bus: University of Wollongong, 2004
PhD in Environmental Engineering: University of Wollongong, 2005
Jun 2005 Jan 2006: Postdoctoral Research Fellow, University of Melbourne
2002 2005: PhD candidate, University of Wollongong
Aug 2002 Nov 2003: Visiting research student, Yale University, USA
Research Interests:Membrane filtration
Sulfate acid soil
Treatment of mining impacted wastewater
Professional Activities:EERE 2004 Conference Organising Committee
ARC Expert of International Standing, 2006
Reviewers for Environmental Science & Technology, Journal of Membrane Science, Desalination, Environmental Pollution
Awards:Best PhD thesis Award, 2006, Engineering, Uni of Wollongong
Vice Chancellor Outstanding in Teaching and Learning Award for early academic, 2009
Vice Chancellor Excellence in Research Award for Emerging Researcher, 2010
- Sultan Alharbi : Degradation and fate of pharmaceutically active compounds by ozonation, UV photolysis, UV/H2O2, and enzymatic treatments and toxicological assessment of their transformation products
- Zulqarnain Fida : Sludge reduction using an integrated membrane bioreactor and oxic-settling-anonic (MBR-OSA) process: Underlying Mechanisms, microlial community and fate of trace organic contaminants
- Truong Minh Vu : Forward Osmosis for Resource Recovery from Anaerobically Digested Sludge Centrate
- Richard Wickham : Anaerobic co-digestion of sewage sludge and organic wastes
- Muhammad Bilal Asif : Development of a novel high retention enzymatic membrane bioreactor for the removal of trace organic contaminants
- Arbab Tufail : Removal of trace organic contaminants by ultra-violet radiation based advanced oxidation process and enzymatic membrane reactor.