Publications :Publication List (sourced via UOW Database)
Lewis, R. A. (2017). Invited Review Terahertz Transmission, Scattering, Reflection, and Absorption-the Interaction of THz Radiation with Soils. Journal of Infrared, Millimeter and Terahertz Waves, 38 (7), 799-807.
Chen, S., Shi, W., Hou, L. & Lewis, R. A. (2017). Investigation of Terahertz Peak Frequencies from GaAs Photoconductive Antennas. IEEE Journal on Selected Topics in Quantum Electronics, 23 (4), 8400406-1-8400406-6.
Bleasdale, C., Lewis, R. A. & Bruno-Alfonso, A. (2016). Azimuthal dependence of the Garton-Tomkins orbit in crossed magnetic and electric fields. Physical Review A, 94 (2), 023409-1-023409-25.
Steele, J. A., Puech, P. & Lewis, R. A. (2016). Polarized Raman backscattering selection rules for (hhl)-oriented diamond- and zincblende-type crystals. Journal of Applied Physics, 120 (5), 055701-1-055701-6.
Current Positions:• Professor
• Associate Dean - Research
• International Advisory Committee, Fifth International Conference on Optical, Optoelectronic and Photonic Materials and Applications, Nara, Japan, 2012
• International Advisory Committee, 10th International Conference on Research in High Magnetic Fields, Wuhan, China, 2012
• Co-chair, 37th International Infrared, Millimeter and Terahertz Wave Confererence, Wollongong, Australia, 2012
• BSc (Honours), University of Sydney
• PhD, Griffith University
• 2006+ Professor, University of Wollongong
• 2003+ Head of School, University of Wollongong
• 2002-03 Discipline Leader, University of Wollongong
• 1997-2006 Associate Professor, University of Wollongong
• 1992-96 Senior Lecturer, University of Wollongong
• 1986-91 Lecturer, University of Wollongong
• 1984-86 Lecturer in Applied Physics, Central Queensland University
• 1983 Teaching/Research Fellow, Griffith University
• 1978-79,83 Demonstrator, The University of Sydney
• Clarendon Laboratory, Oxford University, UK
• School of Physics and Astronomy, Nottingham University,UK
• High Field Laboratory, University of Nijmegen, The Netherlands
• Free-electron laser for infrared experiments (FELIX), Nieuwegein, The Netherlands
• Department of Physics, State University of New York at Buffalo, Buffalo NY, USA
• Department of Physics, Seoul National University, Seoul, Korea
• National High Field Magnet Laboratory, Tallahassee FL, USA
• THz science and technology
• Thermionic cooling and power generation
• Several hundred publications of various sorts.
Most Significant Recent Research Grants
1. ARC Linkage Infrastructure and Equipment
"Vector network analyser suite for advanced terahertz materials and devices"
Withawat Withayachumnankul et al.
2. ARC Linkage Infrastructure and Equipment
"Thermo-gravimetric infra-red imaging system for functional materials study"
Zai-ping Guo et al.
3. ARC Linkage Infrastructure and Equipment
"High bandwidth, high speed, terahertz optical sampling and analysis system"
R. A. Lewis et al.
4. ARC Discovery Project
"Coherent, tuned terahertz photons from nonlinear processes in graphene"
C. Zhang, R. A. Lewis, Z. Li, F. Wang, H. Schneider, M. Johnston
Total Funding: $395,000
5. ARC Discovery Project
"Novel terahertz electronics, photonics and plasmonics in high- mobility, low-dimensional electronic systems (HMLDES)"
C. Zhang, X.L. Wang, R.A. Lewis, Q.L. Bao, J. Horvat,
Total Funding: $410,000
6. ARC Discovery Project
"Electron and spin transport in topological insulators"
X. L. Wang, C. Zhang, R. A. Lewis, Q.-K. Xue, A. Hoffmann, F. Klose
Total Funding: $410,000
7. ARC Linkage Infrastructure and Equipment
"Epitaxial growth facility for advanced materials"
A. S. Dzurak et al.
8. ARC Linkage Infrastructure and Equipment
"A complete thermo-electric characterisation facility for exploration of novel materials and devices at high temperatures"
X.-L. Wang et al.
9. ARC Linkage Infrastructure and Equipment
"Three-dimensional super-resolution nanophotonic fabrication facility"
Min Gu et al.
10. ARC Linkage Infrastructure and Equipment
"Combined scanning tunnelling microscope system for materials characterisation and manipulation at nano scale"
S. X. Dou et al.
11. ARC Discovery Project
"Better emitters, enhanced optics, superior detectors: advancing terahertz science and technology for applications in medicine, agriculture, industry and national security"
R. A. Lewis, J. Horvat, W. Xu
Total Funding: $300,000
Present and past grants include
• ARC Discovery Project
• ARC LIEF
• ARC Linkage International
• ARC SPIRT
• NSW SERDF
• RIBG Pool 2
• ARC network
• Small ARC
• ARC near miss
• Australian Academy of Science
• ARC Large
• ARC Mechanism C
• Fellow, Australian Institute of Physics (FAIP)
• Fellow, Royal Microscopical Society (FRMS)
• Member, Australian College of Educators (MACE)
• Member, American Association of Physics Teachers (MAAPT)
• Australasian Association for Engineering Education
2015 Chairman A&NZ Institutes of Physics Condensed Matter Conference
2002+ Convener Condensed Matter Group, Australian Institute of Physics
2000 Chairman A&NZ Institutes of Physics Condensed Matter Conference
• Macquarie University
• Murdoch University
• University of New South Wales
• University of Technology, Sydney
• University of Western Australia
• Australian Research Council
• Australian Synchrotron
• Canada Council
• National Health and Medical Research Council
• Qatar National Research Fund
• ACS Applied Materials & Interfaces
• Advanced Materials
• American Journal of Physics
• APL Photonics
• Applied Optics
• Applied Physics A
• Applied Physics Express
• Applied Physics Letters
• Australian Journal of Chemistry
• Chemical Physics Letters
• Computers & Education
• IEEE Antennas and Wireless Propagation Letters
• International Journal of Innovation in Science and Mathematics Education
• International Journal of Modern Physics B
• Journal of Alloys and Compounds
• Journal of Applied Physics
• Journal of Low Temperature Physics
• Journal of Magnetism and Magnetic Materials
• Journal of Materials Science: Materials in Electronics
• Journal of Nanoscience and Nanotechnology
• Journal of the Optical Society of America A
• Journal of the Optical Society of America B
• Journal of Optical Materials
• Journal of Optics
• Journal of Optics B: Quantum and Semiclassical Optics
• Journal of Physics D: Applied Physics
• Journal of Selected Topics in Quantum Electronics
• Journal of Solid State Chemistry
• Materials Chemistry and Physics
• Materials Letters
• Medical Physics
• Nanoscale Research Letters
• Optical Engineering
• Optics Communications
• Optics Express
• Optics Letters
• Physical Chemistry Chemical Physics
• Physica Status Solidi A
• Physica Status Solidi B: Basic Solid State Physics
• Physical Review B
• Physical Review Letters
• Scientific Reports
• Science Advances
• Solar Energy Materials & Solar Cells
• Solid State Electronics
• Superlattices and Microstructures
• Transactions on Terahertz Science and Technology
• Vibrational Spectroscopy
• Vice-Chancellor's Award for Outstanding Contribution to Teaching and Learning (2005)
• The NSW Minister for Education and Training & The Australian College of Educators Quality Teaching Award (2005)
• Carrick Citation (2006)
- Jarrod Colla : Far Infrared Spectroscopic analysis of SP
- John Mabon : THz emission of semiconductor materials
- Andrew Squires : Terahertz Technology and Applications: 3D Printing and Art Conservation
- Jie Tian : Renormalization Group Analysis of Non-Fermi-Liquid D-Wave Metal Phase of Strongly Interacting Electrons.
- Haiqiu Zhang : Cyclic loading behaviour of stone columns partially wrapped with geogrid
- My Hanh Tran : Typical Features of some New Particles in Extended Standard Model
- Hao Zhang : Terahertz and Optical Spectroscopic characterization for Aerographite Zinc Oxide tetrapod Intenconnected Netwroks and Carbon Nanostructures
- Jingxiu Wang : Removal of Zinc from Basic Oxygen Steelmaking Dusts by Leaching Organic Acids
- Mohanad Hazim Mohammed : Magnetic Properties of Rare Eearth Orthoferrite