Ana Paula Ribeiro Heitor
Publications :Publication List (sourced via UOW Database)
Heitor, A., Indraratna, B. & Rujikiatkamjorn, C. (2013). Laboratory study of small-strain behavior of a compacted silty sand. Canadian Geotechnical Journal, 50 (2), 179-188.
Heitor, A., Indraratna, B. & Rujikiatkamjorn, C. (2014). Assessment of the post-compaction characteristics of a silty sand. Australian Geomechanics Journal, 49 (4), 125-131.
Heitor, A., Rujikiatkamjorn, C. & Indraratna, B. (2013). Behaviour of a compacted silty sand under constant water content shearing. 18th International Conference on Soil Mechanics and Geotechnical Engineering (pp. 1007-1011). France: The French Society for Soil Mechanics and Geotechnical Engineering.
Indraratna, B., Premadasa, W., Brown, E. T., Gens, A. & Heitor, A. (2014). Shear strength of rock joints influenced by compacted infill. International Journal of Rock Mechanics and Mining Sciences, 70 296-307.
Heitor, A., Indraratna, B. & Rujikiatkamjorn, C. (2012). Characterising compacted soil using shear wave velocity and matric suction. Australian Geomechanics Journal, 47 (2), 79-86.
CIVL 394 - Construction
CIVL 458 - Fundamentals of Construction Management
ENGG 101 - Foundations of Engineering
Biography:2012 - PhD - Geotechnical (Wollongong University, Australia)
2009- Master of Engineering - Geotechnical (Kyoto University, Japan)
2004 - Licenciate degree in Engineering (New University of Lisbon, Portugal)
Research Interests:Unsaturated soil, small strain behaviour of compacted soil and stabilised soil, non-destructive field assessments, unsaturated soil shear behaviour, intelligent compaction, liquefaction analysis considering partially saturated conditions
Professional Activities:2013 - current: Reviewer for Enviromental Geotechnics (ICE Journal)
2013 -current : Member of Engineers Australia, Australia
2009 - current: Member of Australian Geomechanics Society, Australia
2012 - current : Chartered Engineer, Portugal (Ordem dos Engenheiros)
2004 - current : Member of the Portuguese Engineering Society (Ordem dos Engenheiros)
2004 : Traineeship as a Geotechnical design engineer at COBA, SA, Portugal (6months)
2005 - 2006 : Site Geotechnical Engineer for quality control in Lena Construcoes, SA, Portugal (1year)
Awards:2012: AGS NSW Research Award sponsored by the Australian Geomechanics Society
2011 - Best Paper Award for the paper titled "Varying Ground water level to minimize liquefaction hazards in urban areas" (Geomat 2011, Japan)
2010: First prize in the Young Geotechnical Professional Competition, sponsored by the Australian Geomechanics Society
2009: ARC/APAI PhD scholarship award (University of Wollongong)
2006: Japanese Government Monbukagakusho scholarship award (embassy selection, administered by Kyoto University)
2004: High distinction graduation award (New University of Lisbon, Portugal)
Future Research Topics:Soil improvement, Bioengineering
- Mairaj Hyder Alias Aamir Soomro : Slope Stability Assessment of an Open Pit Mine
- Pubudu Jayathilaka : influence of osmotic suction with tree roots on stability of surrounding soil
- Abdullah Al-rawabdeh : Application of coir geotextiles in Transport infrastructure development
- Fatima Mehmood : Use of Rubber Tyres with Compacted Infill Materials for Rail Track Confinement and Energy Absorption to Minimise Track Degradation
- Krishna Allulakshmi : Numerical Modelling of Cone Penetration Tests Using DEM
- Mohsin Nawaz : The use of Geopolymers in civil engineering applications.
- Senura Athuraliya : Modelling of Coupled Bio-geochemical Clogging of a Low-lying Permeable Reactive Barrier
- Soumyaranjan Mishra : Application of scrap rubber tyres and derivatives for improved performance of rail tracks
- Subhani Samarakoon Jayasekara Mudiyanselage : Coupled Bio-Gieo-Chemical Clogging in Low-Lying Permeable Reactive Barriers (PRBs)