Publications :Publication List (sourced via UOW Database)
Yu, T., Hu, Y. M. & Teng, J. G. (2014). FRP-confined circular concrete-filled steel tubular columns under cyclic axial compression. Journal of Constructional Steel Research, 94 33-48.
Yu, T. & Teng, J. G. (2011). Design of concrete-filled FRP tubular columns: provisions in the Chinese technical code for infrastructure application of FRP composites. Journal of Composites for Construction, 15 (3), 451-461.
Yu, T., Teng, J. G., Wong, Y. L. & Dong, S. L. (2010). Finite element modeling of confined concrete-I: Drucker-Prager type plasticity model. Engineering Structures, 32 (3), 665-679.
Yu, T., Teng, J. G. & Wong, Y. L. (2010). Stress-strain behavior of concrete in hybrid double-skin tubular columns. Journal of Structural Engineering, 136 (4), 379-389.
Current Positions:Associate Professor
Head of Postgraduate Studies
Biography:-BEng, Zhejiang University, 2001
-PhD, The Hong Kong Polytechnic University, 2007
Research Interests:My research interests are in the general field of emerging structural materials and systems, including the application of innovative structural materials (e.g. fibre reinforced polymer) in both new construction and the rehabilitation of existing structures, and the nonlinear finite element analysis of hybrid structures.
Professional Activities:Associate Editor, Advances in Structural Engineering
Reviewer for Journal of Structural Engineering, ASCE, Engineering Structures, Journal of Composites for Construction, ASCE
Awards:Discovery Early Career Researcher Award, 2013
Future Research Topics:Hybrid FRP-concrete-steel tubular columns
- Hussamaldeen GOAIZ : Behaviour of CFRP-Confined Hollow Core Reactive Powder Concrete Columns
- Kaidi Peng : Compressive Behavior of Hybrid FRP-Concrete-Steel Double-Skin Tubular Columns with a Rib-Stiffened Inner Steel Tube
- Hongchao Zhao : Novel Hybrid FRP Tubular Standing Roof Supports for Long-wall Mining
- Junaid Ahmad : Assessment and Retrofitting of Existing Concrete Structures
- Andrew Fitzsimmons : Light Gauge Steel
- Mohammed Hussein Ali Almalome : Structural behavior of perlite and vermiculite concrete beams reinforced with moulded and pultruded fiberglass grating mesh
- Mustafa Sameer Abdulkareem Al-azzawi : Effects of Fly Ash Characteristics on the Mix Proportion of the Fly Ash Based Geopolymer Concrete
- Le Huang : Structural Behaviour of FRP-Confined Concrete Encased Steel Columns
- Chun Wa Chan : Structural Behaviour of Hybrid Multiple-tube Concrete Columns Incorporating FRP Composites