Publications :Publication List (sourced via UOW Database)
Yu, T., Chan, C., Teh, L. & Teng, J. (2017). Hybrid FRP-Concrete-Steel Multitube Concrete Columns: Concept and Behavior. Journal Of Composites For Construction, 21 (6), 04017044-1-04017044-9.
Huang, L., Yu, T., Zhang, S. & Wang, Z. (2017). FRP-confined concrete-encased cross-shaped steel columns: Concept and behaviour. Engineering Structures, 152 348-358.
Yu, T., Teh, L. H. & Hadi, M. N. S. (2017). High-strength steel plates in hybrid fiber-reinforced polymer–concrete–steel columns: concept and behavior. Advances in Structural Engineering: an international journal, 20 (5), 797-811.
Yu, T., Zhang, B. & Teng, J. G. (2015). Unified cyclic stress-strain model for normal and high strength concrete confined with FRP. Engineering Structures, 102 189-201.
Yu, T., Teng, J. G., Wong, Y. L. & Dong, S. L. (2010). Finite element modeling of confined concrete-I: Drucker-Prager type plasticity model. Engineering Structures, 32 (3), 665-679.
Head of Postgraduate Studies
Biography:-BEng, Zhejiang University, 2001
-PhD, The Hong Kong Polytechnic University, 2007
Research Interests:My research interests are in the general field of emerging structural materials and systems, including the application of innovative structural materials (e.g. fibre reinforced polymer) in both new construction and the rehabilitation of existing structures, and the nonlinear finite element analysis of hybrid structures.
Professional Activities:Associate Editor, Advances in Structural Engineering
Associate Editor, Structure and Infrastructure Engineering
Member of Editorial Board, Journal of Composites for Construction ASCE
Member of Editorial Board, Journal of Building Structures
Reviewer for Journal of Structural Engineering, ASCE, Engineering Structures, Journal of Composites for Construction, ASCE
Awards:Discovery Early Career Researcher Award, 2013
Future Research Topics:Infrastructural Application of Composites
- Ashkan Shakeri : Alternative Concrete Sleepers with High Fatigue Strength
- Hongchao Zhao : Novel Hybrid FRP Tubular Standing Roof Supports for Long-wall Mining
- Amin Izadi : Nonlinear Inelastic Analysis of Elliptical Concrete-Filled Steel Tubular Columns
- Junaid Ahmad : Assessment and Retrofitting of Existing Concrete Structures
- Andrew Fitzsimmons : Light Gauge Steel
- Mohammed Hussein Ali Almalome : Structural behavior of perlite and vermiculite concrete beams reinforced with moulded and pultruded fiberglass grating mesh
- Le Huang : Structural Behaviour of FRP-Confined Concrete Encased Steel Columns
- Chun Wa Chan : Structural Behaviour of Hybrid Multiple-tube Concrete Columns Incorporating FRP Composites