Phone: 4221 4527
Fax: 4221 3112
Publications :Publication List (sourced via UOW Database)
Wang, Z., Fan, W. & Zhang, G. (2017). Comparison of the exergy efficiency of four power generation systems from methane using fuel cells. RSC Advances: an international journal to further the chemical sciences, 7 (62), 39391-39402.
Li, X., Zhang, G., Ostrovski, O. & Tronstad, R. (2016). Effect of gas atmosphere on the formation of silicon by reaction of SiC and SiO2. Journal of Materials Science, 51 (2), 876-884.
Wang, Z., Fan, W., Zhang, G. & Dong, S. (2016). Exergy analysis of methane cracking thermally coupled with chemical looping combustion for hydrogen production. Applied Energy, 168 1-12.
Wang, Z., Pinson, D., Chew, S., Monaghan, B. Joseph., Pownceby, M. Ian., Webster, N. Alan Stewart., Rogers, H. & Zhang, G. (2016). Effects of sintering materials and gas conditions on formation of silico-ferrites of calcium and aluminium during iron ore sintering. ISIJ International, 56 (7), 1138-1147.
Current Positions:Senior Lecturer
Biography:2012 -Present University of Wollongong
2008 - 2011, Lecturer, University of New South Wales
2003 - 2007, Professional Officer, University of New South Wales
2002 - 2003, Senior Reserach Engineer, James Hardie Reserach & Product Developments, Sydney
2000 - 2002, Reserach Associate, University of New South Wales
Research Interests:Sustainable Technologies for Metal Production
Thermodynamics and Kinetics of Metallurgical Processes
Alternative Technologies in Light Metal Production
Ironmaking and Steelmaking
Energy Analysis and Energy Saving in Metallurgical Processes
New and improved energy conversion technologies
Future Research Topics:1. Reduction and meltdown of ferrous burden in blast furnace ironmaking
2. Fundamental investigation of sintering of iron ores
3. Assessment of low coke consumption blast furnace
4. Production of ferroaluminium alloy by carbothermal reduction of bauxite ore
5. Energy and exergy analysis of pyrometallurgical processes
6. Energy analysis of application of solar energy and biomaterials in pyrometallurgical processes
7. Kinetic modeling of reduction of metal oxides
- Ai Nguyen : Effect of Retained BOS Slag on Refectory Wear (PhD4)
- Phillip Drain : The Effect of Ti on the Kinetics of Phosphorous Removal During BOS
- Huibin Li : A Fundamental Study into the Use of Different Ferrous Ores on Melt Characteristics of Sinter
- Jingxiu Wang : Removal of Zinc from Basic Oxygen Steelmaking Dusts by Leaching Organic Acids
- Yiwei Wang : Intensified Gasification of Char Residues with High Ash Content
- Hao Zhang : Effect of Thermal Treatment and Gasification on Coke Microtexture and Microstructure.