Publications :Publication List (sourced via UOW Database)
Ihlein, L. M. "Attending to Anthony McCall's long film for ambient light." Perform Repeat Record: Live Art in History. Ed.A. Jones & A. Heathfield. Bristol, UK: Intellect, 2012, 333-346.
Ihlein, L. M.. Environmental Audit of the MCA exhibition "In the Balance: Art for a Changing World". Museum of Contemporary Art. 21 August - 31 October. Sydney: 2010.
Current Positions:ARC DECRA Research Fellow
Biography:Lucas Ihlein is an artist and ARC DECRA Research Fellow in Creative Arts at University of Wollongong. His research uses socially-engaged art to explore cultural innovations in farming, principally in the sugar cane industry in Central Queensland. Lucas is a founding member of Kandos School of Cultural Adapation (KSCA), which in November 2016 hosted Futurelands2, a public forum in rural NSW about transformations in human relationships to land.
Research Interests:Socially Engaged Art, Environmental Management, Blogging, Collaboration in Art, Organisational Change, Relationality in Contemporary Art, Printmaking.
Professional Activities:Member, Big Fag Press printing collective; Member, SquatSpace Artist Group; Member, Teaching and Learning Cinema.
Awards:Fremantle Arts Centre Print Award, 2012
Alfred Deakin Medal for Best Doctoral Thesis in Humanities, Deakin University, 2011.
- Malcolm Whittaker : An Intellectual Adventure in Ignorance
- Kim Williams : Ecologies of Art: Collaboration, Social Engagement and the Environment
- Roselle Pineda : Blossoms from the death of the last summers bloom: Exploring the role of conflict and care in collaborative art practices in and with communities
- Anne Maree Dalziel : A Very Long Echo: Cultural Grief and Embodied Archives
- Scott Chaseling : Between: An Investigation Into Aesthetic Possibilities of Recording Liminality Within Unfamiliar Environments.