Publications :Publication List (sourced via UOW Database)
Corrin, L., Lockyer, L. & Bennett, S. J. (2010). Technological diversity: An investigation of students' technology use in everyday life and academic study. Learning, Media and Technology, 35 (4), 387-401.
Lockyer, L., Patterson, J. W. & Harper, B. (2001). ICT in Higher Education: Evaluating Outcomes For Health Education. Journal of Computer Assisted Learning, 17 (3), 275-283.
Current Positions:Professor, Faculty of Education, University of Wollongong
Member, College of Experts - Social, Behavioural and Economic Sciences, Australian Research Council
Biography:Lori's research interests focus on the use of information and communication technologies to support learning in K-12 education, professional education, and health education and heath service initiatives.
2000 PhD in Educational Technology, University of Wollongong, Australia
1992 MLIS, University of Western Ontario, Canada
1991 BA (Hons), University of Western Ontario, Canada
- Brown, Lockyer, Caputi, Tognolini, Multiliteracy testing: a criterion-referenced tool to assess secondary students¿ multiliteracy learning within a technology-rich, multimodal domain, Australian Research Council (ARC) Linkage Project (LP110200537), $205,000 Collaborating Organisation: Pearson Foundation (2011-2014)
- Dawson, Lockyer, ¿Seeing¿ networks: visualising and evaluating student learning networks Australian Learning and Teaching Council Competitive Grant (CG9-994), $148,000, (2009-10)
- Bennett, Lockyer, Agostinho, Harper, Koper, Improving university teaching: Creating strategies and tools to support the design process Australian Research Council (ARC) Linkage Project (LP0669368), $140,000 Collaborating Organisation: Janison Solutions (2007-10)
- Probst, Tapsell, Lockyer, Steel, Batterham, Harper, The DietAdvice website a new innovation for dieticians in clinical practice National Health & Medical Research Council (NHMRC) Development Grant (459127), $138,338 (2007)
- Lockyer, Brown, Harper, McKerrow, Blackall, A learning design to operationalise new pedagogical frameworks: developing critical multiple literacy within a technology supported learning environment Australian Research Council (ARC) Linkage Project (LP0455648), $175,000 Collaborating Organisations: Apple Computer Australia & WIN Television (2004-07)
- Tapsell, Steel, Harper, Lockyer, Batterham, Development and evaluation of computer assisted survey technology as an adjunct to the professional consultations Australian Research Council (ARC) Linkage Project (LP0347477), $200,000 Collaborating Organisations: Xyris Software & Illawarra Division of General practice (2003-05)
- Lockyer, Delivering health education via the World Wide Web: An investigation of knowledge construction and attitude change within collaborative learning environments. Social Sciences and Humanities Research Council (SSHRC) Doctoral Fellowship, $32,000 (1998 - 2000)
- 2011 Citation for Outstanding Contributions to Student Learning, Australian Learning and Teaching Council for commitment to technology enhanced communication, collaboration and community building that facilitates effective learning, supports quality teaching and leads to educational change
- 2010 Vice Chancellor¿s Award for Outstanding Contribution to Teaching and Learning (OCTAL) ¿ Education Faculty
- 2008 Platinum winner and top rated entry ¿ 2008 Learning Impact Awards - IMS Global Learning Consortium, Inc. (international awards) for the Online Learning Environment of the Graduate School of Medicine (with Martin Olmos).
- 2007 ascilite (Australasian Society for Computers in Learning in Tertiary Education) Large Project Award for Online Learning Environment of the Graduate School of Medicine
- 2007 Braden & Beauchamp Visual Literacy Award for contribution to theoretical foundation of the discipline of visual literacy from the International Visual Literacy Association (with Associate Professor Ian Brown)
- 2006- 2008 Apple Distinguished Educator, Apple Computers Australia
-2000 Award for Outstanding Educational Research, New South Wales Institute for Educational Research
- 1998-1999 University Postgraduate Award, University of Wollongong
- 1998 Award for Exemplary Use of Electronic Technologies in Teaching and Learning in Tertiary Education, Australasian Society for Computers in Learning in Tertiary Education
Research Interests:Current projects:
* Time2bHealthy... is a healthy lifestyles education program for parents of pre-school children. Our research team is investigating the effectiveness of the program in supporting parents' in developing knowledge and strategies for healthy nutrition and physical activity for their family.
* Improving university teaching: Creating strategies and tools to support the design process. Funded by the ARC and Janison Solutions, our project team is investigating how university teachers design their units and how best to support teachers in their design practice.
Professional Activities:Program Committee Member, Ed-Media Annual World Conference
Editorial Board Member, Journal of Interactive Learning Research
Editorial Board Member, International Journal for Learning Technology
Editorial Advisory Review Board, IGI Global
- Michelle Gregory : The analysis of technology self-efficacy in pre-service and practising early childhood educators as a lens for understanding preparation for technology integration