Publications :Publication List (sourced via UOW Database)
B. Zhang, H. Du, J. Lam, N. Zhang & W. Li, "A novel observer design for simultaneous estimation of vehicle steering angle and sideslip angle," IEEE Transactions on Industrial Electronics, vol. 63, (7) pp. 4357-4366, 2016.
D. Sun, F. Naghdy & H. Du, "A novel approach for stability and transparency control of nonlinear bilateral teleoperation system with time delays," Control Engineering Practice, vol. 47, pp. 15-27, 2016.
B. Li, H. Du & W. Li, "Trajectory control for autonomous electric vehicles with in-wheel motors based on a dynamics model approach," IET Intelligent Transport Systems, vol. 10, (5) pp. 318-330, 2016.
D. Sun, F. Naghdy & H. Du, "Wave-variable-based passivity control of four-channel nonlinear bilateral teleoperation system under time delays," IEEE/ASME Transactions on Mechatronics, vol. 21, (1) pp. 238-253, 2016.
S. Sun, H. Deng, H. Du, W. Li, J. Yang, G. Liu, G. Alici & T. Yan, "A compact variable stiffness and damping shock absorber for vehicle suspension," IEEE/ASME Transactions on Mechatronics, vol. 20, (5) pp. 2621-2629, 2015.
H. Du & N. Zhang, "Fuzzy control for nonlinear uncertain electrohydraulic active suspensions with input constraint," IEEE Transactions on Fuzzy Systems, vol. 17, (2) pp. 343-356, 2009.
H. Du, N. Zhang & G. Dong, "Stabilizing vehicle lateral dynamics with considerations of parameter uncertainties and control saturation through robust yaw control," IEEE Transactions on Vehicular Technology, vol. 59, (5) pp. 2593-2597, 2010.
B. Li, H. Du & W. Li, "Fault-tolerant control of electric vehicles with in-wheel motors using actuator-grouping sliding mode controllers," Mechanical Systems and Signal Processing, vol. 72-73, pp. 462-485, 2016.
Biography:Dr Haiping Du received his Ph.D. degree in mechanical design and theory from Shanghai Jiao Tong University, Shanghai, PR China, in 2002. He is currently Professor at the University of Wollongong, Australia. Previously, he worked as Research Fellow in University of Technology, Sydney, Post-Doctoral Research Associate in Imperial College London and the University of Hong Kong, respectively.
Research Interests:- Robust Control Theory and Applications;
- Vehicle System Dynamics and Control;
- Smart Materials and Structures;
- Active and Semiactive Vibration Control;
- Robotics and Autonomous System
Professional Activities:- Associate Editor, Journal of the Franklin Institute
- Associate Editor, IEEE Control Systems Society Conference Editorial Board
- Editorial Advisory Board Member, Journal of Sound and Vibration
- Editorial Board Member, Journal of Low Frequency Noise, Vibration and Active Control
- Editorial Board Member, IMechE Journal of Systems and Control Engineering
- Member of Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers (IEEE)
- Australian Research Council (ARC) Discovery Project International Reader
- Hong Kong Research Grants Council (RGC) General Research Fund (GRF) External Reviewer
- Romanian Government the National Research Council External Reviewer
Awards:- Australian Endeavour Fellowship Award, 2012
- University of Wollongong Vice Chancellor's Interdisciplinary Research Excellence Award, 2015
- Excellent PhD Thesis Award by Shanghai Provincial Government, 2004
Future Research Topics:- Australia Research Council Linkage Project Grant (LP160100132): Comfort and Ergonomics: Innovative Seating Solution for Commercial Vehicles
- Australia Research Council Discovery Grant (DP140100303): Innovative X-by-Wire Control Systems for Improved Vehicle Manoeuvrability and Stability
- Australia Research Council Linkage Project Grant (LP150100040): Innovative Magnetorheological Suspension Systems for Forklift Trucks
- University of Wollongong Global Challenge Project: An Innovative Ergonomic Conceptual Design of Heavy Duty Vehicle Driver Seat
- James Coyte : Seat suspension control using human body motion measurement
- Shahzeb Ansari : Steer by wire in electric cars
- Wenxing Li : Vibration reduction control for seat suspension with multiple degrees of freedom
- Xiaojing Zhu : Integrated Forklift Supporting System with Magnetorheological Technologies
- Brett McAulay : The Investigation and Optimisation of Torque Vectoring Combined with Active Steering in Electrical Vehicles
- Guolin Yun : Development of an integrated Microdevice for Cancer Diagnostics
- Lei Deng : Active Control of Noise and Vibration of Vehicles using Dielectric Elastomers
- Maryam Butt : Development of an Efficient Method for Automatic Detection of Seizure Origin in Epilepsy Patients.
- Matthew Christie : Magnetorheological Variable Stiffness Robotic Legs for Improved Locomotion Performance
- Lirong Yao : Energy storage systems for vehicle technology
- Qianbin Zhao : High-throughput microparticle focusing using arc-shaped groove arrays
- Huan Zhang : Study on a novel powertrain system and it control for electric vehicles
- Wenfei Li : Investigation of Advanced Brake-by-Wire Systems for Electric Vehicles