Vinod Jayan Sylaja
Phone: 4221 4089
Fax: 4221 3238
Publications :Publication List (sourced via UOW Database)
Current Positions:Associate Professor
Research Interests:1. Discrete element method in geomechanics
2. Soil Dynamics
3. Ground Improvement techniques
4. Engineering behaviour of Methane Hydrate bearing sand
5. Consolidation behaviour of soils
Awards:Indian Geotechnical Society, IGS - Z- Tech (I) Pvt. Ltd. biennial award for the best paper published in Proceedings of Indian Geotechnical Conference (2003) on Behaviour of circular footing supported on geocells reinforced sand underlain by soft clay.
Govt. of India scholarship to pursue M.Tech (GATE 2000).
Future Research Topics:Mechanical behaviour of Coal seam gas
- Abdullah Al-rawabdeh : Application of coir geotextiles in Transport infrastructure development
- Ameyu Tucho : Heavy Haul Railroad Design Upgrading Based On Fundamental Track Dynamics
- Krishna Allulakshmi : Numerical Modelling of Cone Penetration Tests Using DEM
- Waranga Habaraduwa Peellage : Effect of Cyclic Loading on the stability of bedded or sediment infilled jointed rock with special reference to rail tunnels.