Md Neaz Sheikh
Office: Building 4 Room 127
Fax: (02) 4221 3238
Publications :Publication List (sourced via UOW Database)
Sheikh, M. Neaz. & Légeron, F. (2016). A checking method for multiple seismic performance objectives of bridge piers designed according to code provisions. Journal of Earthquake Engineering, 20 1148-1168.
Sheikh, M. Neaz. & Légeron, F. (2014). Performance based seismic assessment of bridges designed according to Canadian Highway Bridge Design Code. Canadian Journal of Civil Engineering, 41 (9), 777-787.
Legeron, F. & Sheikh, M. Neaz. (2009). Bridge support elastic reactions under vertical earthquake ground motion. Engineering Structures, 31 (10), 2317-2326.
Current Positions:Associate Professor (Structural Engineering)
Biography:A/Prof. Neaz Sheikh obtained Bachelor of Science in Civil Engineering from Chittagong University of Engineering and Technology (CUET), Bangladesh. He obtained MPhil and PhD in Structural Engineering from the University of Hong Kong, Hong Kong. Immediately after his BSc (Eng), he was appointed as a Lecturer in the Department of Civil Engineering at CUET. Before joining at the University of Wollongong in 2007, he was a Research Fellow in the Department of Civil Engineering at the University of Sherbrooke, Canada. He has held/holds visiting appointments in several internationally reputed universities.
A/Prof Sheikh is an internationally recognized expert in Earthquake Engineering and Structural Dynamics. He has gained national and international research reputation for his extensive research on low to moderate seismic regions. He has authored over 100 articles in highly reputed international journals and conference proceedings. His applied research has contributed to the development of several standards and codes of practice. He has supervised to completion six PhD graduates and currently supervising nine PhD students. He is a regular reviewer for research articles submitted to highly ranked journals encompassing structural engineering, earthquake engineering, and protective structures. He is on the Editorial Board of the Journal of Geotechnical Earthquake Engineering.
Research Interests:Advanced composite materials in civil infrastructure
Performance-based seismic design
Seismic design and assessment methodologies for low and moderate seismic regions
- Faez Alhussainy : Behaviour of Self-Compacting Concrete Columns Reinforced Longitudinally with Steel Tubes
- Ayoob Ibrahim : Behaviour of High Strength Concrete (HSC) Columns Reinforced with Steel Equal Angle (SEA) Sections Under Different Loading Conditions
- Shehroze Ali : Behaviour of Reinforced Concrete Structures under Quasi Static Loading
- Habil Ahmad : Assessment of Buildings
- Tanaz Dhondy : Use of Sea Sand and Seawater in Sustainable GFRP Reinforced Concrete Infrastructure
- Mai Duc : Influence of Wrapping Schemes and Loading Conditions on the behaviour of CFRP Wrapped Square and Graularited Square RC Columns
- Nabeel Farhan : Behaviour of circular geopolymer concrete columns under different loading conditions
- Hamza Mahmoud Yousef Ali : FRP Bars Reinforcement in Concrete Structures
- Hayder Alaa Hasan : Structural Behaviour of Glass Fibre-Reinforced Polymer (GFRP) Bar Reinforced Circular High Strength Concrete (HSC) Columns Under Different Loading Conditions
- Ross Prandalos : Behaviour of foamed concrete incorporating recycled glass at fibre reinforcement
- Atheer Hilal Mahdi Al - Gburi : Behaviour of reinforced concrete columns strengthened with reactive powder concrete jacket and fibre reinforced polymer wrapping
- Zein Saleh : Numerical Modelling of Static and Impact Response of GFRP Bar Reinforced Concrete Beam