Publications :Publication List (sourced via UOW Database)
Y. Yu & J. Xi, "Influence of external optical feedback on the alpha factor of semiconductor lasers," Optics Letters, vol. 38, (11) pp. 1781-1783, 2013.
Y. Yu, G. Giuliani & S. Donati, "Measurement of the Linewidth Enhancement Factor of Semiconductor Lasers Based on the Optical Feedback Self-Mixing Effect," IEEE Photonics Technology Letters, vol. 16, (4) pp. 990-992, 2004.
Y. Yu, J. Xi & J. F. Chicharo, "Measuring the feedback parameter of a semiconductor laser with external optical feedback," Optics Express, vol. 19, (10) pp. 9582-9593, 2011.
Y. Yu, J. Xi, J. F. Chicharo & T. Bosch, "Optical feedback self-mixing interferometry with a large feedback factor C: behavior studies," IEEE Journal of Quantum Electronics, vol. 45, (7) pp. 840-848, 2009.
Y. Yu, J. Xi, J. F. Chicharo & T. Bosch, "Toward automatic measurement of the linewidth-enhancement factor using optical feedback self-mixing interferometry with weak optical feedback," IEEE Journal of Quantum Electronics, vol. 43, (7) pp. 527-534, 2007.
J. Xi, Y. Yu, J. F. Chicharo & T. Bosch, "Estimating the Parameters of Semiconductor Laser Based on Weak Optical Feedback Self-Mixing Interferometry," IEEE Journal of Quantum Electronics, vol. 41, (8) pp. 1058-1064, 2005.
Y. Fan, Y. Yu, J. Xi & J. F. Chicharo, "Improving the measurement performance for a self-mixing interferometry-based displacement sensing system," Applied Optics, vol. 50, (26) pp. 5064-5072, 2011.
L. Scalise, Y. Yu, G. Giuliani, G. Plantier & T. Bosch, "Self-mixing laser diode velocimetry: Application to vibration and velocity measurement," IEEE Transactions on Instrumentation and Measurement, vol. 53, (1) pp. 223-232, 2004.
Current Positions:Associate Professor
Biography:Yanguang (Sunny) Yu received BE from Huazhong University of Science and Technology, China in 1986, and Ph.D. degree from the Harbin Institute of Technology, China, in 2000, all in Electrical Engineering. She joined the University of Wollongong (UoW) since 2007 and is now working as an Associate Professor at the School of Electrical, Computer and Telecommunications Engineering (SECTE) in this University. She was with the Faculty of Information Engineering, Zhengzhou University, China, on various appointments including a Lecturer (1986-1999), Associate Professor (2000-2004), Professor (2005-2007). From 2001 and 2002 she was a Postdoctoral Fellow at Opto-Electronics Information Science and Technology Laboratory, Tianjin University, China. She also had a number of visiting appointments including a Visiting Fellow at the Optoelectronics Group, Department of Electronics, University of Pavia, Italy (2002-2003), a Principal Visiting Fellow at the University of Wollongong, Australia (2004-2005), a visiting Associate Professor and Professor at the Engineering School ENSEEIHT, University of Toulouse, France respectively in June, 2004 and September 2006. Her research interests include sensing and measurements, 3-D profile measurements, Signal Processing and communication systems.
Dr Yu has published 121 refereed research papers, including 66 refereed journal and 55 refereed international conference papers. The citation report from Scopus shows the total citations of her publications is 600 and 12 of H index.
Research Interests:sensing and measurements, 3-D profile measurements, Signal Processing and communication systems.
Professional Activities:Dr Yu has attracted the following research grants.
1) UIC International Links Grant Scheme 2015, ¿Joint signal processing research for laser sensing in France/China/Australia¿, $6000 (2015, 1st CI)
2) URC Small Grants, ¿Enhancing the performance of chaotic semiconductor lasers based secure optical communication systems¿ $9,000 (2014, 1st CI)
3) UIC International Links Grant, ¿Theory, experiments and applications of semiconductor lasers with optical feedback¿, $6000 (2011/12, 1st CI)
4) URC Small Grants, ¿Exploring New Optical feedback Sensing Mechanism Using Vertical-Cavity Surface Emitting Lasers¿ $9,000 (2010, 1st CI)
5) URC for ARC Discovery near miss grant (2007, 2nd CI) ¿Optical feedback self-mixing interferometry: performance improvement¿ $20,000
6) ARC Linkage International (LX0561454) (2006-2007, PI) ¿Measuring the linewidth enhancement factor and optical feedback level factor of semiconductor lasers based on optical feedback self-mixing interferometry,¿ $36,000
1) National Natural Science Foundation of China (NSFC60871031)
(2008-2010, 1st CI)
¿The key to improve the sensing performance of optical feedback self-mixing interferometry: linewidth enhancement factor of semiconductor lasers¿, ¥320,000 RMB
2) National Natural Science Foundation of China (NSFC60574098)
(2005-2007, 1st CI)
¿Studies on the sensing and measurement with nanometer resolution based on optical feedback self-mixing interferometry¿, ¥270,000 RMB
3) Ministry of Education of China (206086) (2005-2006, 1st CI) ¿Measuring the parameters of semiconductor lasers based on optical feedback self-mixing effect¿, ¥20,000RMB
4) China Scholarship Council (2005-2006, 1st CI)
¿Studies on the new sensing mechanism of semiconductor lasers¿ ¥30,000RMB
5) National Natural Science Foundation of China (NSFC60178039)
(2001-2002, 1st CI)
¿Studies on the theory and application of optical feedback self-mixing effect in multiple-mode lasers¿, ¥50,000 RMB
6) Commission of Science Technology and Industry for National Defence, China(51472030301JW1401) (2001-2003, 1st CI)
¿Envelope pumped high power pulse fibre laser and its frequency transfer¿, ¥340,000RMB
- Xiaochen He : Wireless Communications
- Yiwen Mao : Target Localization Using Bistatic MIMO Radar.
- Yiwei Zhang : Design and Optimise the Structured Light Pattern for Three- dimensional Sharp measurement
- Dawei Gao : Extreme learning Machine - Based Nonlinearity and ISI Mitigation for LED Communications
- Han Wang : Micro-displacement measurement using self-mixing interferometry
- Bairun Nie : Ultra-wideband Chaotic Radar Based on Optical Feedback Laser Diode.