Member of Australian Institute of Mining & Metallurgy
Publications :Publication List (sourced via UOW Database)
Indraratna, B., Nemcik, J. Anton. & Gale, W. (2000). Review and Interpretation of Primary Floor Failure Mechanism at a Longwall Coal Mining Face based on Numerical Analysis. Geotechnique, 50 (5), 547-557.
Nemcik, J. Anton., Indraratna, B. & Gale, W. (2000). Floor Failure Analysis at a Longwall Mining Face Based on the Multiple Sliding Block Model. Geotechnical and Geological Engineering, 18 175-192.
Nemcik, J. Anton., Gale, W. & Fabjanczyk, M. (2006). Methods of interpreting ground stress based on underground stress measurements and numerical modelling. 7th Underground Coal Operators Conference (pp. 104-112). Wollongong: University of Wollongong Printery.
Nemcik, J. Anton., Gale, W. & Mills, K. (2005). Statistical analysis of underground stress measurements in Australian coal mines. Bowen Basin Symposium (pp. 117-122).
Current Positions:Senior Lecturer of Mining Engineering
Biography:" PhD degree in Mining Engineering (Mine Geomechanics), University of Wollongong, 2003.
" ME (Hons) degree in Mining Engineering (Mine Geomechanics), University of Wollongong, 1990.
" BE (Hons) degree in Mining Engineering, University of Wollongong, 1984.
Research Interests:Key Research Areas:
" Stability of Spoil piles
" Geotechnical measurements and instrumentation for underground excavations.
" Stress distribution and rock failure about underground openings.
" Numerical modelling of underground excavations.
" Numerical modelling of the longwall powered supports and their influence on strata behaviour at/ahead of the moving coal mining longwall face.
" Evaluation of the longwall powered supports and their suitability to mine in variable ground.
" Polymer-based alternative to steel mesh for coal mine strata reinforcement
Professional Activities:" Curriculum review of the future mining engineering subjects at the University of Wollongong.
" Presentations of the state-of-art knowledge, techniques and industry practice at the universities and TAFE colleagues.
" Publication of the booklets for tertiary education and the industry training.
- Marzieh Rajabi : Effects of constitutive model on the stability analysis of roadway tunnels of coal mines
- Justine Calleja : Pillar Design and Coal Burst
- Ahmed Sultan : Behaviour of Reactive Powder Concrete Circular Columns Incorporating Steel Fibres under Different Loading Conditions
- Abbas Sahib Abd-Ali Al-Hedad : Influence of Geogrid Materials on the Performance of Concrete Pavements
- Libin Gong : CNS Behaviour of Rock Joints Infilled with compacted Sediments
- - Saurav : Numerical Modelling of Thin Spray-on Liners to Investigate their Properties for Mining Applications
- Patrick Booth : A new approach to the estimation and characterisation of gas emissions in the life cycle of underground coal mines
- Anxiu Liu : Pressure Relief Rule of Protected Coal-Seam in Thin-Protective-Seam Mining
- Zhenjun Shan : Geotechnical Assessment Of Thin Spray-On Liners For Underground Coal Mine Roof Support
- Gaetano Venticinque : Advanced Numerical Modeling of Fracture Propagation in Rock
- Jamie Harris : A Study of Leadership and Decision-Making During Underground Mine Emergencies
- Guanyu Yang : The Behaviour of Cable Bolt on Various Shearing Test Apparatus
- Jia Lin : Gas adsorption and desorption characteristics in relation to gas drainage in underground coal mines