Fax: 4221 3662
Publications :Publication List (sourced via UOW Database)
Pereloma, E., Timokhina, I. B., Miller, M. & Hodgson, P. D. (2007). Three-dimensional atom probe analysis of solute distribution in thermomechanically processed TRIP steels. Acta Materialia, 55 (8), 2587-2598.
Dalla Torre, F. H., Lapovok, R., Sandlin, J., Thomson, P., Davies, C. HJ. & Pereloma, E. (2004). Microstructures and Properties of Copper Processed by Equal Channel Angular Extrusion for 1-16 Passes. Acta Materialia, 52 4819-4832.
Pereloma, E. V., Russell, K. F., Miller, M. & Timokhina, I. B. (2008). Effect of pre-straining and bake hardening on the microstructure of thermomechanically processed CMnSi TRIP steels with and without Nb and Mo additions. Scripta Materialia, 58 (12), 1078-1081.
Pereloma, E., Stohr, R., Miller, M. & Ringer, S. P. (2009). Observation of Precipitation Evolution in Fe-Ni-Mn-Ti-Al Maraging Steel by Atom Probe Tomography. Metallurgical and Materials Transactions A: Physical Metallurgy and Materials Science, 40A (13), 3069-3075.
Bata, V. & Pereloma, E. (2004). An Alternative Physical Explanation of the Hall-Petch Relation. Acta Materialia, 52 657-665.
Current Positions:Professor - Physical Metallurgy
Mechanical, Materials and Mechatronics Engineering
Director, UOW Electron Microscopy Centre
Director of UOW Electron Microscopy Centre
Biography:Dipl. Engineer - Kiev Polytechnical Institute, USSR, 1981
Candidate of Sciences in Physics and Mathematics (PhD)
Institute of Metal Physics, National Academy of Sciences, Ukraine, 1987
Associate Professor (2005-2006), Department of Materials Engineering, Monash University, Australia
Visiting Scientist (July-September, 2004), Oak Ridge National Laboratory, USA
Senior Lecturer (1999-2004), School of Physics and Materials Engineering, Monash University, Australia
Lecturer (1995-1998), Department of Materials Engineering, Monash University, Australia
Visiting Assistant Professor (1993-1995), Queen's University, Kingston, Canada
Senior Researcher (1989-1995), Institute for Metal Physics, National Academy of Sciences, Ukraine
Visiting Scientist (Feb.-March, 1992), DOFASCO, Canada
Researcher (1986-1988), Institute for Metal Physics, National Academy of Sciences, Ukraine
Research Interests:Professor Pereloma's main research interests are in processing-microstructure-property relationships, alloy design, advanced characterisation techniques and severe plastic deformation of metals.
Current work focuses on the following areas:
Studies of phase transformation mechanisms and processing-structure-property relationships in steels subjected to thermomechanical processing. The objective of this research is to understand the complex sequence of microstructural changes during thermomechanical processing and to aid in the design of industrial processing schedules.
In-situ studies of mechanical behaviour of TRIP, TRIP/TWIP and TWIP steels using neutron and synchrotron diffraction.
Application of transmission electron microscopy and three dimensional atom probe tomography to study clustering, segregation of solute to defects and precipitation in steels.
Recrystallisation behaviour and thermo-mechanical processing of powder and wrought near-beta titanium alloys
Research into post-processing and thermal stability of severely deformed IF steel.
Hydrogen embrittlement of pipeline steels.
1. A. Gazder, M. Sanchez-Araiza, J. J. Jonas, E.V. Pereloma, "Evolution of Recrystallization Texture in a 0.78 wt.% Cr Extra-low-carbon Steel after Warm and Cold Rolling", Acta Materialia, 59 (2011), 4847-4865.
2. S.S. Hazra, A.A. Gazder and E.V. Pereloma, "Microstructure and Mechanical Properties after Annealing of Equal Channel Angular Pressed Interstitial Free Steel", Acta Materialia, 59 (2011), 4015-4029.
3. A.A. Gazder, A.A. Saleh and E.V. Pereloma, "Microtexture Analysis of Cold Rolled and Annealed Twinning Induced Plasticity Steel", Scripta Materialia, 65 (2011), 560-563.
4. A. Carman, L.C. Zhang, O.M. Ivasishin, D.G. Savvakin, M.V. Matviychuk, E.V. Pereloma, "Role of Alloying Elements in Microstructure Evolution and Alloying Elements Behaviour during Sintering of a Near-beta Titanium Alloy", Materials Science and Engineering A, 528 (2011), 1686-1693
5. E.V. Pereloma, I.B. Timokhina, T. Hilditch, P.D. Hodgson, "Effect of Manufacturing Process on the Final Properties of Advanced High Strength Steels for Automotive Applications", Materials Science Forum, 638-642 (2010) 148-153.
6. S. Li, A.A. Gazder, I.J. Beyerlein, E.V. Pereloma, C.H.J. Davies, "Effect of Processing Route on the Microstructure and Texture Development in Equal Channel Angular Extrusion if Interstitial Free Steel", Acta Materialia, 54 (2006), 1087-1100.
7. E.V. Pereloma, I.B. Timokhina, K.F. Russell, M.K. Miller, "Characterisation of Clusters and Fine precipitates in Nb-containing C-Mn-Si Steels", Scripta Materialia, 54 (2006), 471-476.
8. E.V. Pereloma, A. Shekhter, M.K. Miller, S.P. Ringer, "Ageing Behaviour of Fe-20Ni-1.8Mn-1.6Ti-0.59AI(wt%) Maraging Steel, "Acta Materialia, 52 (2004), 5589-5602.
9. F. Dalla Toree, C.H.J Davies, E.V. Pereloma, "Strain Rate Sensitivity and Apparent Activation Volume Measurements on Equal Channel Angular Extruded Cu Processed by One to Twelve passes", Scripta Materialia, 51 (2004), 367-372.
10. I.B. Timonkhina, A.I. Nosenkov, A.O. Humphreys, J.J. Jonas, E.V. Pereloma, "Effect of Alloying Elements on the Microstructure and Texture of Warm Rolled Steels", ISIJ International, 44 No. 4 (2004), 717-724.
11. I.B. Timokhina, P.D. Hodgson, E.V. Pereloma, "Effect of Deformation Schedule on the Microstructure and Mechanical Properties of a Thermomechanically Processed C-Mn-Si TRIP Steel", Metallurgical and Materials Transactions, 34A, (2003), 1599-1609.
12. I.B. Timokhina, P.D. Hodgson, E.V. Pereloma, "Effect of Microstructure on the Stability of Retained Austenite in TRIP Steel", Metallurgical and Materials Transactions, 35A, (2004), 2331-2341.
13. P.C. M. Rodrigues, E.V. Pereloma, D.B. Santos, "Mechanical Properties of an HSLA Bainitic Steel subjected to Controlled Rolling with Accelerated Cooling", Materials Science and Engineering, A283 (2000), 136-143.
14. E.V. Pereloma, J.D. Boyd, "On the Nature of 'Raised Ferrite' in a Low-Carbon Microalloyed Steel", Scripta Mat., 34 (1996), 703-706.
Professional Activities:Member of TMS
Member of Materials Australia
Member of the Editorial Board for the Journal of Metallurgy and Journal La Metallurgia Italiana
Member of the Advisory Board for the journal of Iron and Steel Institute of Japan International.
Prof. Pereloma was chair and member of organising committees, member of the Scientific Program Committee, International Advisory Committee, Scientific Executive Committee and session chair at a number of national and international conferences, such as the most recent ones the Scientific Program Committee for Thermec 2006, Vancouver, Canada and Thermec 2009, Berlin, Germany; International Advisory Committee of the Joint Conference of ISUGS 2005 and HSLA Steels¿05, Sanya, China, Organising Committee of International Conference on Contemporary Issues in Metal Physics, 2008, Kiev, Ukraine; a Chair of Advanced Steels and Processing Symposium held as a part of Pacific Rim International Conference on Advanced Materials and Processing (PRICM7), August 2010, Cairns, Australia. Currently Prof Pereloma is Co-Chair of the Organising Committee of Recrystallisation and Grain Growth Conference to be held in May 2013, Sydney, Australia.
Awards:Recepient of the Sawamura Award 2010 from the Iron and Steel Institute of Japan.
Co-author of the paper ¿Effect of Bake-Hardening on the Structure-Property Relationship of Multiphase Steels for the Automotive Industry", which was awarded ¿Best paper published in 2009¿ in the Steel Research International journal.
Recipient of the Florence M. Taylor Medal, 2002, for her contributions to Materials Engineering and the Institute of Materials Engineering Australasia Ltd.
Co-winner of the Calendar 2006 competition run by Imago Scientific, USA for her atom probe tomography work on Cottrell atmospheres.
Laureate of the Ukrainian Youth Prize in Science and Technology, 1986.
- Xiaohui Bian : Influence of grain site on plastic auxeticity and mechanical properties of NiTI alloy
- Pouyan Shoushtari Zadeh Naseri : Deformation Mechanisms of near B -Ti Alloys
- Sudipta Pramanik : Development of advance High Strength Fe-Mn-C TWIP-TRIP Steels
- Navjeet Singh : Development of a Very High Strength Hot-rolled Sheet Steel