Publications :Publication List (sourced via UOW Database)
D. Klair, K. Chin & R. Raad, "A Survey and Tutorial of RFID Anti-Collision Protocols," IEEE Communications Surveys & Tutorials, vol. 12, (3) pp. 400-421, 2010.
H. Salarian, K. Chin & F. Naghdy, "An energy-efficient mobile-sink path selection strategy for wireless sensor networks," IEEE Transactions on Vehicular Technology, vol. 63, (5) pp. 2407-2419, 2014.
H. Wang, K. Chin, S. Soh & R. Raad, "A distributed maximal link scheduler for multi Tx/Rx wireless mesh networks," IEEE Transactions on Wireless Communications, vol. 14, (1) pp. 520-531, 2015.
C. Yang & K. Chin, "Novel algorithms for complete targets coverage in energy harvesting wireless sensor networks," IEEE Communications Letters, vol. 18, (1) pp. 118-121, 2014.
Y. Xu, K. Chin & S. Soh, "A Novel Distributed Pseudo-TDMA Channel Access Protocol for Multi-Transmit-Receive Wireless Mesh Networks," IEEE Transactions on Vehicular Technology, vol. 67, (3) pp. 2531-2542, 2018.
T. He, K. Chin & S. Soh, "On Maximizing Min Flow Rates in Rechargeable Wireless Sensor Networks," IEEE Transactions on Industrial Informatics, vol. 14, (7) pp. 2962-2972, 2018.
G. Lin, S. Soh, K. Chin & M. Lazarescu, "Efficient heuristics for energy-aware routing in networks with bundled links," Computer Networks, vol. 57, (8) pp. 1774-1788, 2013.
Current Positions:Associate Professor
Head of Postgraduate Studies
Director of Wireless Technologies Lab (WTL)
Director of Signals, Information and Communications (SICOM) Research Institute
Research Interests:- Internet of Things (IoTs) or sensor (actor) and UAVs networks
- Next generation wireless networks; e.g., 5G
- Energy harvesting (wireless powered) systems
- Cube satellites
- Application of Artificial Intelligence (AI) or machine learning in telecommunication systems.
Professional Activities:Technical Editor of Elsevier Computer Communications
- Jana Ali Fayek : Efficient Scheduling for Device-to-Device Communication in 5G Networks
- Malik Al-Refai : DSA in Multi-hop Cognitive Radio Networks.
- Jia Fei : Stationary Target Classification for Through-the-Wall Radar Imaging
- Honglin Ren : Visual-Correcting Display: Pre-Compensation of Presented Contents Based on Inverse Filtering MethodVisual-Correcting Display: Pre-Compensation of Presented Contents Based on Inverse Filtering Method
- Suhila Abulgasem : High Gain Antenna for Communication between CubeSat and Ground Station
- Saadullah Kalwar : Downlinks Throughout Optimization in Unmanned Aerial Networks (UAVs) Networks
- Ying Liu : Transmission Scheduling in Wireless Powered Communication Networks with Successive Interference Cancellation
- Yifei Ren : Full-duplex Link Scheduling Algorithms
- Sining Liu : A Cube Sat Deep Space Distributed Antenna Array
- Yawen Zheng : Download Traffic Scheduling for CubeSat Swarms
- Muhammad Usman Khan : Design, simulation and fabrication of polymer based flexible patch antenna for general IoTs Applications
- Yiwei Li : Green Traffic Engineering
- Yiwei Huang : Green Networking based green traffic control algorithm
- Chuyu Li : Energy Harvesting Wireless Sensor Networks
- Lei Zhang : Resource Allocation Algorithms for 5G Networks
- Hang Yu : Duty Cycling Algorithms for Next Generation Green Routers
- Adam Drenoyanis : An 80GHz Short Range Radar Sensor Network for Wastewater Management
- Joey Luo : Channel Assignment Approaches in Wireless Local Area Networks
- Mohamed Atef Madni : Networking Picosatellites
- Yishun Wang : Link Scheduling in Multi- Hop Networks with Energy Harvesting Nodes
- Muhammad Zeeshan Sarwar : Resource Allocation in Two-Tier OFDMA Wireless Systems with RF Charging Nodes