Office: 20 Level 2
Publications :Publication List (sourced via UOW Database)
Current Positions:Dean of Research
Professor of Applied Mathematics
Biography:Professor Timothy Marchant is Dean of Research and Professor of Applied Mathematics in the School of Mathematics and Applied Statistics.
Professor Marchant gained a PhD in Applied Mathematics from the University of Adelaide in 1988 and has published about 70 research papers. Professor Marchant has also successfully supervised 15 PhD students on various topics in Applied Mathematics.
Professor Marchant's research areas include nonlinear optics, nonlinear waves and combustion theory. Professor Marchant is a Fellow of the Australian Mathematical Society, President Elect of the Australian Mathematical Society and a Member of the Endeavour Awards selection panel. Professor Marchant is also an editor of the Applied Mathematical Modelling Journal. Professor Marchant is a member of the Illawarra Bridge Club and is learning Mandarin.
Research Interests:See my UOW scholars page web-pages for details of my research
- Xin An : Undular bores in Colloidal Media
- Simon Louis : Optical solitary waves in thermal media
- Manal Saleh : Process intensi cation for autothermal reaction
- Mohammed Albalwi : Higher-order modulation theory for resonant flow
- Sharon Bradley-Munn : Post-Modern Phenomenon of Body-Modifying Devices: The Present, The Future, The Past.
- Xiangchen Zeng : Mathematical and Computational Finance