Publications :Publication List (sourced via UOW Database)
Pan, Z. & zhang, h. (2006). Chatter Analysis of Robotic Machining Process. Journal of Materials Processing Technology,
Pan, Z., Polden, J., Larkin, N., van Duin, S. & Norrish, J. (2012). Recent progress on programming methods for industrial robots. Robotics and Computer Integrated Manufacturing, 28 (2), 87-94.
Field, M., Stirling, D., Pan, Z. & Naghdy, F. (2016). Learning trajectories for robot programming by demonstration using a coordinated mixture of factor analysers. IEEE Transactions on Cybernetics, 46 (3), 706-717.
Ding, D., Shen, C., Pan, Z., Cuiuri, D., Li, H., Larkin, N. & van Duin, S. (2016). Towards an automated robotic arc-welding-based additive manufacturing system from CAD to finished part. Computer Aided Design, 73 66-75.
Current Positions:Senior Lecturer
Ph.D., Mechanical Engineering, Stevens Institute of Technology, USA, 2005
M.S., Mechatronics, Tsinghua University, China, 2000
B.S., Precision Instruments & Metrology, Tsinghua University, China, 1998
ABB USCRC, Windsor, CT, USA 2003~2006
SANTAK Electronics, ShenZhen, China, 2000~2001
Research Interests:Research Areas:
ROBOTICS AND INDUSTRY AUTOMATION:
Virtual and Augmented Reality based robot programming;
Robot automated offline programming and calibration;
Metrology-integrated robot control
Robot force control and vision control;
Robotic welding process;
Robotic machining, polishing, deburring, assembly processes;
ADVANCED WELDING PROCESS AND CONTROL
Welding based additive manufacturing;
Friction Stir Welding/Processing of Aluminium, NAB, and dissimilar materials;
Monitor and Control of TIG/MIG process;
Laser and Laser Hybrid Welding;
MOBILE AND SERVICE ROBOT:
Human motion capture and analysis;
Mobile robot, blimp navigation control;
Current Research Projects:
1. Pan, Z., et. al, Robotic Fabrication in Architecture and Arts, UOW Global Challenge strategic fund, AU$10K, 2016.
2. Pan, Z., Larkin, N., RMCRC project UGL Bogie Frame Advanced Manufacturing¿, RMCRC research project, AU$210K per year for 3 years from 2016 to 2019.
3. Pan, Z., Larkin, N., DMTC 6.30: Automated Manufacturing of Next Generation Armoured Vehicle, DMTC research project, AU$189K per year for 3 years from 2015 to 2018.
4. Pan, Z., Ding, D., Li, H., Van Duin, S., DMTC 9.12 Additive Manufacturing for Ship Components, DMTC research project, average AU$180K per year for 6 years from 2015 to 2021.
Professional Activities:Associate editor for IEEE Robotics and Automation Letters (RA-L), since 2015
Chair of IIW Technical Sub-commission XII-A: Sensor and Control for Arc welding processes and production systems since 2013
Awards:2015, National Innovation Award at the Pacific 2015 Maritime Exposition
2013, DSTO Eureka Prize for Outstanding Science in Safeguarding Australia
2013, DMTC Industry Partnership Award
2012, WTIA Chris Smallbone International Award
2012, DMTC Capability Improvement Award to DMTC Project 2.4 (as project leader)
2010, DMTC Early Career Award
2010, Best Presentation Award for RWIA 2010
Future Research Topics:Future research students are welcomed to contact me for potential research topics among my research interests.
- Azman Ahmad : Optimization Parameters For Cavitation Erosion And Corrosion Using Robotic Friction Stir Process Of Nickel Aluminium Bronze Alloys
- Alexander Visser : Robot path planning in dynamic environment
- Nathan Larkin : Robot Programming Using Spatial Sensing
- Zhenyu Fei : Keyhole Tungsten Arc Inert Gas Welding
- Bosheng Dong : The Study of Fabricating Cu-Al Alloy via Wire-Arc Additive Manufacturing
- Olexandra Marenych : Welding repair technologies for Monel Alloy K-500 components
- Jun Wang : A Study of the Influence of Different Phases of Ti2AINb Based Alloys on the Joints Welded by Vacuum Diffusion Welding
- Trong Thien Vu : Automated Assembly for Rolling Stock Fabrication in Rail Industry
- Sujan Kumer Ghosh : In-Situ Micro-XRD measuring of micron-sale microstructures in 3D-additive manufacturing for functionally graded materials.
- Fucun Li : Machine Learning Based Product Quality and Cost Control
- Yao Lu : The Effects of Inter-Pass Temperature on the Microstructure and Mechanical Properties of Ti-6Al-4V Alloy Deposited by Wire Arc Additive Manufacturing (WAAM)
- Yimiao Ning : Fabricating gradient intermetallics using novel additive manufacturing.
- Andrew Short : High Degree of Freedom Motion Planning for Dynamic Environments
- Lei Yuan : Process Control in Wire and Arc Additive Manufacturing
- Chunyang Xia : Process Planning and Control for WAAM
- Bintao Wu : Improvement of Ridging Defect Through Rolling and Heat Treatment Technology Innovation.