Publications :Publication List (sourced via UOW Database)
V. J. Gosbell, S. Perera, V. W. Smith, D. A. Robinson & G. Sanders, Power Quality: Recommendations for the application of AS/NZS 61000.3.6 and AS/NZS 6100.3.7. (1 ed.) Sydney Australia: Standards Australia International, 2003.
S. B. Abbott, D. A. Robinson, S. Perera, F. Darmann, C. J. Hawley & T. Beales, "Simulation of HTS saturable core-type FCLs for MV distribution systems," IEEE Transactions on Power Delivery, vol. 21, (2) pp. 1013-1018, 2006.
S. Perera, D. A. Robinson, S. Elphick, D. Geddey, N. Browne, V. W. Smith & V. J. Gosbell, "Synchronized flicker measurement for flicker transfer evaluation in power systems," IEEE Transactions on Power Delivery, vol. 21, (3) pp. 1477-1482, 2006.
P. Paranavithana, S. Perera & D. Soetanto, "Impact of untransposed 66kV sub-transmission lines on voltage unbalance," in Australasian Universities Power Engineering Conference, 2006,
S. Tennakoon, S. Perera & D. Soetanto, "Flicker Propagation in Interconnected Power Systems," in IEEE PES PowerAfrica 2007 Conference and Exposition, 2007, pp. 1-6.
H. Herath, V. J. Gosbell & S. Perera, "Power Quality (PQ) Survey Reporting: Discrete Disturbance Limits," IEEE Transactions on Power Delivery, vol. 20, (2) pp. 851-858, 2005.
V. J. Gosbell, V. W. Smith, S. Perera & R. A. Barr, "A Methodology for a National Power Quality Survey of Distribution Networks," in Journal of Electrical & Electronics engineering, Australia, 2002, pp. 181-187.
Current Positions:Professorial Fellow
Technical Director - Australian Power Quality and Reliability Centre (APQRC)
Biography:Sarath Perera graduated from the University of Moratuwa, Sri Lanka with a BSc (Eng) specialising in Power Engineering. He obtained his MEngSc from the University of New South Wales and PhD from the University of Wollongong. He has been on the academic staff at the University of Wollongong since 1988. He has been active in electromagnetic modelling, machine design and analysis, in particular permanent magnate machines. His current research interests are in the general area of power quality and in particular voltage fluctuations and flicker. He also has strong interests in modelling and simulation.
Research Interests:- Power quality
- Power quality standards
- Voltage fluctuation and Flicker
- Power System Harmonics and modelling
- Voltage unbalance
- Susceptibility of customer Equipment to Power Quality Disturbances
- Power Distribution System Analysis, Modelling and Simulation
Professional Activities:Chair - 13th IEEE International Conference on Harmonics and Quality of Power (ICHQP), University of Wollongong, 2008.
- Tuan Vu : Harmonic Allocation to Major Loads in Transmission Systems
- Subir Majumder : A customer oriented Comprehensive Power Quality (PQ) Management with DNSP, Utilities, and IPPs
- Nurul Izzah Binti Mohammad Afandi : Integrated Volt/VAr Control in Distribution Networks
- Dilhani Madhusha Chathurangi Weerasingha Liyanage : Power quality issues with large scale solar integration.
- Lasanthika Dissawe Mudiyanselage : Collaborative Operation of Solar Photovoltaic and Wind Generation in Virtual Power Plant Environment by Improving Predictability.
- Samadhi Korale Liyanage : Development of high Fidelity models for large scale solar energy generating systems
- Pathum Maduranga Sudasinghe Sudasinghege : Study of Three Phase Induction Motor Operation Under Unbalanced Supply Voltages.
- Alexander Rainer : Small Signal Stability Aspects Associated with Integrated Wind-HVDC systems.
- Dilini Darmawardana : High Frequency Harmonics in Distribution Networks.
- Thisandu Kahingala : Voltage Unbalance State Estimation
- Jason David : Harmonic Investigation of Large-Scale Wind and Solar Farms