Publications :Publication List (sourced via UOW Database)
Current Positions:Senior Professor of Computer Engineering
Biography:Graduated with MSEE and Ph.D. degrees from the University of Washington, Seattle, USA. In 1991, he joined Adelaide University, South Australian, and in 1998 he moved to Edith Cowan University, Perth, as an Associate Professor. He was appointed Professor of Computer Engineering and Head of School of Electrical, Computer & Telecommunications Engineering at the University of Wollongong in 2004, before moving on to become Associate Dean (Research), Faculty of Informatics, in 2007. Professor Bouzerdoum held several Visiting Professor Appointments at Institut Galilée, Université Paris-13 (2004, 2005, 2007, 2008, 2010, 2013, and 2014), LAAS/CNRS, Toulouse, France (2001), Villanova University, USA (2010 and 2013), and the Hong Kong University of Science and Technology (2007). From 2009 to 2011, he was a member of the ARC College of Experts and Deputy Chair of the EMI panel (2010-2011). He served as Associate Editor for 4 International journals, including IEEE Trans. Systems, Man, and Cybernetics (1999-2006). He has published over 300 technical articles and graduated 37 Ph.D. and Research Masters students.
Research Interests:* Signal and Image Processing
* Machine Learning
* Vision and Pattern Recognition
Professional Activities:* Senior Member of the Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineering (IEEE).
* Member of the International Neural Network Society (INNS).
* Member of the Optical Society of America
* Chair/Co-Chair of international conferences/workshops:
-- 2014 IEEE Symposium on Comp. Intelligence for Multimedia, Signal and Vision Processing, 9-12 Dec. 2014, Orlando, FL, USA.
-- 2013 IEEE Symposium on Comp. Intelligence for Multimedia, Signal and Vision Processing, 16-19 April 2013, Singapore.
-- Third European Workshop on Visual Information processing (EUVIP-2011), 4-6 July 2011, Paris, France.
-- IEEE Symposium on Comp. Intelligence for Multimedia, Signal and Vision Processing, 11-15 April 2011, Paris, France.
-- Second European Workshop on Visual Information processing (EUVIP-2010), 5-7 July 2010, Paris, France.
-- 2009 IEEE Symp. Comp. Intelligence for Multimedia, Signal and Vision Processing, 30 March - 2 April 2009, Nashville, Tennessee, USA.
-- 2008 Int. Conf. Intelligent Sensors, Sensor Networks and Information Processing (ISSNIP-2008), 15-18 December 2008, Sydney, Australia.
-- International Symposium on Signal Processing and its Applications (ISSPA 2005), 28-31 August 2005, Sydney, Australia.
* Technical Program Chair:
-- Int. Conf. Digital Image Computing: Techniques and Applications, (DICTA 2014), 25-27 Nov. 2014, Wollongong, NSW, Australia.
Awards:* Eureka Prize for Outstanding Science in Support of Defence or National Security (2011)
* Chester Sall Award, IEEE Transactions on Consumer Electronics (2005)
* Distinguished Researcher (Chercheur de Haut Niveau), French Ministry of Research (2001)
Future Research Topics:* Radar Imaging and Image Processing
* Dynamic Visual Scene Recognition
* Object Detection, Recognition and Tracking
* Learning with Gaussian Processes
- Xiaolin Tang : Video sequence classification using spatio-temporal features
- Thi Nhat Anh Nguyen : VARIATIONAL HIERARCHICAL MIXTURE OF GAUSSIAN PROCESS. EXPERTS FOR REGRESSION AND PATTERN CLASSIFICATION
- Xiaoming Peng : Dynamic Scene Recognition
- Soan Duong : Artefact Removal for High-Resolution FMRI and Its Application in Brain Imaging
- Thanh Le Hoang : Deep Learning for Radar Signal Processing
- Angelos Theoharis : Sparse Bayesian Learning for Through-Wall Radar Imaging